Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cowboys and Cowgrills


We love dressing the kids up for the theme nights at camp. Tonight's theme was Back at the Barnyard. I was already at camp leading a Bible study for some of the girl staff, so our amazing nanny Chrismiss got the kids dressed and loaded up and brought them to camp for dinner. When I opened the mini-van and saw the kids in their boots (thanks Grammy and Pops for Landry's fun red garage sale boots!), I told them how great they looked. Hank said, "Yeah, Mommy! I'm a cowboy and Landry's a cow-grill!"

I'm pretty sure I got some fun points as a mom today, because I let Hank and Landry play in the hand-washing station after dinner. They got pretty soaked, especially Landry, but they had fun and stayed cool.


Landry had her two-year-old check-up today (better late than never, right?). We weren't suprised but were certainly pleased to find out that she's a healthy little girl!

She was so cute at the doctors office. First of all, I think she was thoroughly enjoying a little one-on-one time with mommy...I left the boys with Chrismiss. And although she was a little nervous, she cooperated very well with the nurse and doctor (more than we can say for her older brother!). Praise the Lord for healthy children! And praise the Lord for the sweet moments we get to have with them!

I'm chalking it up to lack of sleep, but I almost teared up tonight in the dining hall when they played a certain country song...you know the one called The Front Porch Looking In by Lonestar. I'll end with a portion of the lyrics and you can see for yourself why it got to me!

I've traveled here and everywhere
Following my job
I've seen the paintings from the air
Brushed by the hand of God
The mountains and the canyons reach from sea to shining sea
But I can't wait to get back home
To the one he made for me
It's anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been
Nothing takes my breath away
Like my front porch looking in

There's a carrot top who can barely walk
With a sippy cup of milk
A little blue eyed blonde with shoes on wrong
'Cause she likes to dress herself
And the most beautiful girl holding both of them
Yeah the view I love the most
Is my front porch looking in

I see what beautiful is about
When I'm looking in
Not when I'm looking out

1 comment:

Hannah E. said...

I'm glad you're blogging, Jenny!!! Love the cute pics of the kids, by the way. Need to see more of Tucker though. =)