Sunday, August 9, 2009

country livin' is the life for us...sometimes

So, last night we went to a little town down the road for a bluegrass festival we had heard about. We, along with Chrismiss, got all "dolled" and "duded" up in our best country attire (to get in the mood) and headed to Fayetteville, TX (population a couple hundred I think...at the most).

(Side note: the main reason we put on our country attire was because my awesome little brother Joey hooked me up with a free pair of boots this past week and I couldn't wait to wear them!)

Well, let's just say the bluegrass festival wasn't all it was cracked up to be. There were two groups of people who were playing their instruments and singing, and that was entertaining...for about 15 minutes. Honestly, if we didn't have the kids, I bet we could have been entertained, just by people watching if nothing else, for a good long while, but it was hot and the kids got restless, so we took a little evening drive down the country roads, picked up some ice cream at the Dairy Cone, and headed back home.

Probably the best parts of the evening were the fun photo opps, so enjoy!!!














5 comments:

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

I love Fayateville! And I REALLY love your cute little family. :)

Sisco Family said...

i miss you.... the end!

Jenn said...

oh my gosh. I love this. That one of you & Landry is ADORABLE.

Miss you guys already.

Praise GOD your parents live in Tyler haha.

Joey said...

The boots look good Jenny!! I love the pics of Tucker. He is getting big!

Unknown said...

wait a minute! you have a blog!!!!??!?!?! i'm so ecited! sorry i didn't know! xoxo