Sunday, August 30, 2009

sigh of relief


So, the summer has come to an end. We have gotten past the withdrawals of missing our summer camp family (not that we don't miss y'all...it's just sunk in that y'all don't live here anymore), and are easing into the fall - if you can call it that. With the temperatures still in the upper nineties, it's hard to believe fall will ever arrive, but I'm holding on to hope. We've enjoyed time together as a family and a few quick day trips to Katy and Austin. We've spent time with our year-round Columbus friends, and even made some new ones! We've begun to discuss what a typical week will look like this fall and are getting plugged in to some fun opportunities at church and in the community. And if you know me at all, you know that I can't just sit back and enjoy a nice relaxed pace...there's always more to do! So here's just part of my fall to-do list:
  • get rid of Landry's pacifier
  • get Tucker sleeping in his crib (in Hank's room) at night
  • paint the built-in cabinets in our dining area
  • lose 15 pounds
  • potty train Landry
Ummm, I'm tired just thinking about all that I have to do! Actually, though, it's exciting. I know there will be hard days, but the results will be rewarding. And really there's nothing I'd rather be doing than spending time investing in my family and home that the Lord has so richly blessed me with. Let the adventures begin!

(Updates on the kids, more pics, and maybe even some videos coming soon! I tried to include a video on this one, but it's not working right now for some reason...)

2 comments:

Chrismiss said...

umm, your children already look older than when I last saw them. Gosh I miss you all. If you want me to quit school and come paint your cabinets, I am okay with that.

Jenn said...

yay! i love this post. sweet fall.