Sunday, August 9, 2009

a few of our favorite things...


I've somehow let two weeks pass since I last posted, so in order to summarize the past 14 days, I'm going to use pics of some of the favorite moments we've had lately...

...a visit from Grammy and Pops!!! Our sweet second half nanny, Deo, was needed as a counselor for week 10, so my mom graciously offered to come lend a helping hand for a few days! Pops dropped her off, so we got a little time with him, too. Always a treat!





...playing outside!!! Despite the crazy heat, the kids love playing outside on our great big driveway. They play with sidewalk chalk and ride on their tricycles until they're cheeks are bright red...and then they play some more.





....playing inside!!! We like to build tents, play dress up, build towers, color pictures, etc. It's been so fun to watch as Hank and Landry are truly becoming best friends. Most the time they play amazingly well together, BUT they also know how to push each other's buttons better than anyone else, too. Tucker is also getting to where he can "play" with his big brother and sister. And watching them is probably his favorite thing right now.


...Daddy time! Oh, what a treat it is when Daddy is home. One more week, and we'll be seeing a lot more of him! Yippee!!!

A few other quick updates...

I had a wonderful 30th birthday...thanks to everyone for your phone calls, facebook messages, cards, etc. My sweet hubby surprised me a couple days after my actual birthday with a get-away to Katy...a yummy dinner, a little shopping, a NEW CAMERA, uninterrupted sleep, sleeping in (kinda), and just having time together...so nice! Deo and Chrismiss watched the kiddos and did a fantastic job! About the new camera...if you notice an improvement in the quality of pictures on our blog from this point on, that's why. Thanks, babe!

Camp is continuing to go so well! I've heard story after story of the exciting things the Lord is doing in the campers and in the staff! I'm really enjoying this summer and have loved getting to know the girls at camp. I think we'll experience a little culture shock more this year than in the past because things will seem SO QUIET and SO SLOW in Columbus once summer camp has shut down. I'm sure it will be nice, but weird!

There are so many things I'm looking forward to about the fall, but we'll save that for another time!

No comments: